Sunday 23 October 2011

Christmas has begun....

Good Evening Bloggers,

So a quick post tonight to show you birthday card I made for a very good friend of mine and also my first Christmas card for this year.

So first up lets have a look at the card I made for the Awesome Gaz!!  The Magnolia stamp is the Starship from the Winner Takes It All Collection.



Colour recipe

Starship Body - Faded Jeans
Flames and Stars - Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed
Window - Weathered Wood with Bundled Sage for the frame.

The close up photo above shows the awesome range of colours in my Verdigris embossing powder, with greens and golds it can be matched to many different colours, and is always reflecting something different depending on what angle you are holding the card.

And the finished product - 



A groovy Boys card!!  I don't know about you but I find boys cards hard to make - you can't add much bling or flowers really (well certainly not with the boys I know anyway!!), so it really limits my options for decorations.  I must say though, Gaz was pretty rapt with his card, and tells me it is my best card ever.  Lol, I couldn't agree - only because I can't pick a favourite card I have made.

So onto the Christmas card, my Ma bought the cute as cute Magnolia Reindeer Tilda from the Merry Little Christmas collection a couple of months ago. This is one of my favourite stamps of all the Tilda's, and I love her inked up in this colour. So let's have look at this adorable little Tilda....



Nawww, isn't she cute!!  The Distress Ink refill colours I have used are as follows...

Skin- Antique Linen with Tattered Rose and a hint of Victorian Velvet for her Cheeks
Hair - Antique Linen and Walnut Stain
Suit- Fired Brick
Shoes - Walnut Stain
Bells - Scattered Straw
Antlers - Frayed Burlap
Lace - I have just used Diamond Stickles on this.

The other Magnolia Stamp I used for this card is called Peppermint also from the Merry Little Christmas Collection.



The colours used to ink this up are as follows...

Candy cane - Fired Brick and a small amount of Pumice Stone for the White areas
Bow - Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint

This was a really quick and easy stamp to ink up, and could be used very effectively by itself for a cute Christmas Card, I however had grander plans for this little candy cane.

I also used my Kaisercraft Doodled Christmas Stamps for the wording and the Holly.  Some Bo Bunny 12" Father Christmas Cut Outs paper and some punched snowflakes with plenty of gold and diamond stickles everywhere and I've come up with the following result



Below is a view from a different angle to show just exactly how glittery the stickles are, the large snowflakes actually have two layers.  I first covered them in Gold Stickles, once that had dried I went over with the Diamond Stickles for even more reflect.



I think this is a much better result than what I was trying to put together at Sammy's last night.  Not a single piece of card or paper that I was originally trying to use made it to the finished version :o) Now let's hope all my chrissie cards can look this cute!!

Thanks for looking.

xx Milly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...