Tuesday 4 October 2011

A wedding, a birthday, a little note and some practice

Hi Again Bloggers,

The celebrations in September continued with a friends birthday.  My friend Natu turned 31, and I decided to use the Magnolia Starship from the Winner Takes It All Collection.  It gave me the idea that I could use the cheesy line "I hope your birthday goes off like a rocket".  

So I inked up the starship and used some Basic Grey Circle Stamps I have to try and represent planets in the solar system.

Firstly a close up of the rocket - 



This was coloured with Distress Inkers using the   following colours
Starship - Pumice Stone
Bands and Accents - Stormy Sky
Window - Weathered Wood
Stars and Rocket Flames - Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade and Barn Door.

With the circles behind I stamped them with the Watermark Ink pad and embossed them with Kaszazz - Verdigris, Zing - Metallic Purple and Allison Ellis Designs - Platinum.
The Cheesy wording made it to the inside of the card...




The celebrations continued into October.  On October 1 my Brother got married, and what better occasion than to create a handmade card.  So on a visit to the scrap shop a couple of months ago I came across these adorable Wedding Stamps in the Popcorn the Bear range.  You can check out the Popcorn story here and see the stamp range here.  I bought the Romance - Wedding Day collection for my card.  I know I know I am biased, but they are way too cute and the card turned out beautifully!!


Stamp and sentiment came from my Popcorn Stamps. The paper I used is the Romance Collection from Kaszazz and it is called Flourish/Flourish Dots, I used both sides. Ribbon is from my stash, and the flowers are in the Delightful Day Collection from Prima - unfortunately the Dimmet range I used aren't shown on their website though.

A close up of Popcorn and the Mrs. - 


Now lets see if I can remember all the Distress Ink Re-Inker colours I used - 

Bears - Walnut Stain and Antique Linen
Rug - Small amounts of Weathered Wood
Rug Heart and Hearts in Ears - Victorian Velvet and Aged Mahogany
Veil - Small Amounts of Weathered Wood
Bride's Hat - Victorian Velvet
Grooms Hat - Black Soot and Weathered Wood
Flowers - Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet and Aged Mahogany
Leaves - Shabby Shutter and Peeled Paint
Souffle the Duck - Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade and Weathered Wood

Not that it shows in this photo but I used Crackle accents on the inked roses and the band around the grooms hat, some Liquid Pearls in White Opal on the stitching holding the heart on the rug and Glossy Accents on the eyes and noses and of course some diamond stickles for some sparkle.

The second to last thing to show you tonight is a card I made for my Friend Nicky on Sunday. I have had this stamp for a few months now, and still hadn't coloured it in.  This stamp is by Hannah Lynn and is called Genevieve -  I purchased it from here.  I just love the detail on this stamp, and the coloured version shown on the page completely sold it for me!!  

As you will see my colours were no where near as bold -


So the colours I have used for Genevieve

Hair - Frayed Burlap
Skin and Lips - Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet and Aged Mahogany
Eyes - Pine Needles, Bundled Sage used for eye shadow
Gloves - I started with them painted in Vintage Photo, but that was to yellow for the rest of the colours used so I painted over that with Walnut Stain.  The dots and Bows are Victorian Velvet and Aged Mahogany.

The finished product - 


Flowers used are a Prima Cottage Blossom in Pink Quartz and a Floret Collection in Sunshine. The smaller ivory rose and two rosebuds are from my stash.  The brown paper is from Kaisercraft and part of the Prairie Lane Collection called Hillcrest.

This card was just a little note to hopefully brighten Miss Nicky's day, and in a small way to say thank you for having me over for dinner.

So lastly yesterday Ma and I had a painting day.  I was working on another stamp I purchased when I bought Genevieve. This stamp is called Rose of Fire and has been designed by Molly Harrison.  There were two versions on the website of this stamp coloured, and i had to have a go at the red version - you can see it here, this card was done by Angela Sowell and i just loved the colours she has used on the stamp.

My attempt - 




I just love this stamp and I am looking forward to trying many more colour combinations!!

Well that is all folks, off to colour Butterfly Tilda from the Butterfly Wishes Collection.  So look out for this in the coming days.

Night all, as always please leave any questions or comments.

xx Milly

1 comment:

  1. and it did brighten my day - I love it and will keep it on display for quite some time. Thanks so much! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...