Friday 23 December 2011

Monochrome Christmas

Good Afternoon Bloggers,

A post today to share with you the card I made for my friend Gary for Christmas.  

I had wanted to try and Edwin/Tilda inked in with Black Soot only for awhile, and the effect is fantastic.  I also used the Marvy Uchida Liquid Applique product to give the 'fur' effect.  This stuff is awesome, it goes on like an opaqueish white gel - and then when you use the heat gun over the top it just puffs up to give this most amazing end result. 

So this little Edwin is from the Sweet Christmas Dreams Collection and is called Sweet Christmas Edwin.



The Black Soot seemed a bit harsh on the face, so taking my Ma's advice i used Pumice Stone as it is a bit of a 'warmer' colour.

So at a recent trip to Camelot I bought a beautiful range of Christmas paper from Allison Ellis Designs in black, white and silver.  These seemed perfect for a male christmas card and to go with this Edwin.

I also used a die from the new Couture Creations ones I bought.  These are fantastic, they are very similar to the Spellbinders Nestabilities but about $13 cheaper!! 



Using a plain white square card I used a sponge to colour the edges of the card with Black Soot distress ink.  Then I cut out the metallic silver card, and the Allison Ellis Paper to mount on top.  The die cut was made using white bling textured card stock and again Black Soot sponged around the edges, and then I used some Colorbox Silver over the top which gave the lovely muted grey effect.  The flourish is a Magnolia die - this worked absolutely beautifully on the metallic silver card.

So at this stage I thought it is still looking a little plain.  So using my Sullivan's brand snowflake punch I cut five snowflakes and coloured them with the Colorbox silver ink, using the ink pad direct to the white card, and then sprayed them with Silver Glimmer Mist.  The snowflakes shown with the jewels have been covered in Glossy Accents to stop the silver coming off if people touch it, and the other two snowflakes have been covered in crackle accents.  These two with the crackle turned out really well, I was so happy with the effect!

So the finished product - 



It almost looks like a black and white photo of a normal coloured card - except for those liberal sprinklings of the metallic silver :o)

I have to say one of my favourite cards I have made this year!

Challenges I would like to enter

By the Cute and Girly - Let it Snow
Christmas Card Challenges - Non Traditional Colours
Deep Ocean Challenge - Warm Wishes

Thanks for stopping by.  If I don't make any more blogs before Christmas I hope you and your family enjoy a very happy, healthy and safe Festive Season.

xx Milly

3 comments:

  1. I love the softness of your card!
    Thanks for joining the "non traditional colour challenge" at Christmas Card Challenges!
    Margo (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Gorgeous card! :)
    Edwin looks so handsome with your fantastic colouring and I just love your card design - so stunning :)

    Thank you for joining at Deep ocean Challenge :)
    Hugs,
    Karita

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...