Saturday 5 May 2012

A Baby Shower, a Birthday and a Wedding

Good Afternoon Bloggers,

So since my last post I have had my Magnolia Stamp Club kit arrive, and all the stamps are just gorgeous!!  I have inked in a few already, however can't post all the pictures until these cards are given out for Mother's Day next weekend ;o)  It's rare for me to be so organised and so ahead of schedule, but these stamps so inspired me!!

So first up lets have a look at a prototype Baby Shower invite I did up for a friend of mine.  Jess wants to make all her own Baby Shower invites up, and came across this you tube video - 


So I had a look, and downloaded the template and thought I can work with this!!  So using materials I had in my stash I came up with something so we could see the size, and give Jess an idea of what it is possible to do.  Jess isn't a scrapbooker, so we are entering her into a whole new world ;o)

So after a little play time, here is what I came up with, my apologies for the fuzzy photo.


The insert was just something I knocked up with some individual stamps I had, and the plan for this has already been modified :o)  So heres a clearer photo of the outside of the invite -


The little duck is called Souffle and is from the Bundle of Joy Popcorn the Bear Collection.  Unfortunately poor little Souffle isn't going to make the final invite as Jess would like to have an Owl instead - so Souffle is being put aside for the little owl in the Kaisercaft Tiny Woods Clear Stamps.  I will post an update once we have the finished product.

Next up is a birthday card.  I made a card for my friends Mum a couple of weeks ago, which she absolutely loved and she asked if I could make a couple more.  I happily agreed :o)  Here with have the gorgeous new Waterlily Tilda from the Summer Memories Collection.  Tilda looks a little like she has spent to much time in the sun to me, I tried the skin combination of Vintage Photo and Tattered Rose.. I think my technique for this still needs a little more practice!  However that being said, Tilda is still very cute with her curly hair!


Finally a Wedding card I offered for my friend Jan to use today for her Nephew.  Perfect for a Wedding is the Loving Bridal Couple from the Magnolia Wedding Collection, and I have masked this with the Wedding Rose Arch from the same collection.  To try and work out the colours for the card I asked my friend Jan if she knew the theme for the Wedding, and the invitations had been done in Purple and Gold, so I used this as my inspiration.

First up a picture if the inked in Loving Bridal Couple before adding any stickles or crackle accents -


Just love these two stamps together.  And now a picture with crackle accents and stickles added, unfortunately the crackle accents doesn't show up on the photo all that well.


finally the whole card :o)


Thanks for looking

x Milly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...