Sunday 13 January 2013

Inspiration

Hi All,

I can finally blog my first Magnolia card for 2013.  I have made a few Birthday cards over the last couple of weeks whilst on leave, but I have had to be patient whilst I wait for their intended recipients to receive them :o)

I have played around previously with the black and white painting technique, and then late last year I inked in Princess Party Tilda from the Princes and Princes Collection using a wash of Antique Linen over the whole Tilda before inking in with the Black Soot to try and match the background papers better.  I also used a wash of Scattered Straw on the crown.  I loved the finished product, it really gave it that antique photo effect.

The following is a photo (my apologies for the poor quality) of the first Tilda I made using this idea, unfortunately it was my first shaker card, and there was a little too much glitter for me to be able to get a photo of the full Tilda - who would have thought to take a photo of her before ;o)



So this started me thinking, and I remembered my Grandmother's wedding photos. When she was married in 1943 their photos were done in black and white, however there were a couple where they had some colour added, a wash of colour to tint certain areas of the picture, and I was keen to try and recreate the effect.

Pink Ribbon Tilda from the new Magnolia With Love Collection was to be my little tester Tilda to see how this would work, and never to be seen again if all went wrong ;o) Luckily I was happy with it how it went :o)

As you can see from the first picture, with the colouring started it is quite a cool effect.  The face and hair had been given a wash of Antique Linen like you can see on the hands and feet.  Her suit is washed with Shaded Lilac and the bow with Peacock Feathers.  Some Worn Lipstick has given her the blush on her cheeks.



The finished piece - 


Once I had finished shading with the black, I went back and did another tint of the colours as they original was fades when blending the Black Soot with the water.

Now to the photos of the finished card.







Thanks for looking, and Happy Birthday Sharon xx




2 comments:

  1. wow!!! how amaing is this!!! What a great idea....do you mind if i woudl be able to try with copics? I wonder if I could achieve the same effect...i love vintage but my colours are always so bright hehe!! Thank you so much for your lovely comments over on my blog too...love your work! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see this effect with copics!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with :o)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...