Monday 8 July 2013

It's started....

As you can see from my blog, my colouring to this point has been done with distress inks.  When originally looking into colouring in images for my cards, i started with the distress inks as I already had them on hand.  I have stuck with them for awhile now, resisting going anywhere near Copic markers as my poor bank account couldn't have handled it (believe me it is crying really loudly at the moment lol!!).

Then my Ma bought some Copic markers, and I started to have a play to see what they were like to work with.  I loved that they are a completely different medium, and completely new technique for me to learn, and obviously they give a completely different effect to the distress inks. So i bit the bullet and bought some.... and now a few weeks later my bank card is crying ;o)  I have been watching tons of colouring videos, Alyce from Kit and Clowder, thank you!!  You are my colouring guru, through your videos I have learnt so much!!

A friend Nicole was having a birthday last weekend, and the theme was Alice in Wonderland, so I went on to the Saturated Canary page to buy some images, I bought Alice and the Queen of Hearts, and I also came across Jules.  Jules ended up being the image I decided to use because of the cat, we affectionately refer to Nicole as our crazy cat lady so it was very fitting :)

Please don't look too closely at the colouring as this is the first card I have made with a Copic image, i really enjoyed it!  Backgrounds papers are from Kaisercraft, and that gorgeous vintage lace has made a reappearance.







The hair gives me the most problems, HEAPS more practice to do on that part!!  Love that shabby blue frantage too :)

Thanks for looking

xx



2 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous colouring here, you have some talent there for sure! You've got some awesome work here, thanks for stopping past my blog in the Annabelle stamps blog hop on the weekend. I'll pop back sometime soon. Cheers, Marcia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...