Saturday 28 December 2013

A Make it Crafty Christmas Special

Leading up to Christmas this year I seemed to have plenty of time to make up all my cards ready to go, then it felt like I blinked, Christmas was upon us and I had very few ready to go.  Thankfully there are some understanding people in my group of friends who aren't holding it against me.

So Christmas morning I was up early, not because I have children and there was presents to open from Santa, I had cards to finish!!  I had two to get ready for the day, Ma and I had already decided that we wouldn't stress ourselves, and would give each other our cards after Christmas.  I finally delivered it today!!

So for my two cards for Christmas day I coloured up Floppy from the Make it Crafty (MiC) Store.  I wanted to steer away from traditional colours and so we have two very pastel coloured cards.

First up for my Kris Kringle recipient




This next photo shows the gorgeous sparkle from the Diamond Stickles on those Snowflakes



Finally a close up of the adorable Floppy.  The fur trim on his hat and sleeves is done with Glossy Accents and white flock.



Copic colours - 
Blues - B0000, B000, B00 and B01
White - W0, W1, W2
Shoes and Hair - E40, E42, E43 and E44
Bell - E50, E51, E53

Next up was a card for my Sister and her family.  She has a family of boys, so not really the right colours for the boys in her life, but I know she appreciated it :)





The background paper I made myself with Kaszazz snowflake stamps, pewter embossing powder and Milled Lavender Distress Stain. All the elements have then been edged with Distress Stain Brushed Pewter, it has a gorgeous shine to it as you can see in the next photo.  Unfortunately my sentiment curled with the crackle medium, and definitely didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, but there was no time for me to be able to fix it.




Copic colours - 
Blues - BV000, BV00, BV02 and 0
White - W0, W1, W2
Shoes and Hair - E40, E42, E43 and E44
Bell - E50, E51, E53

So as I mentioned above, I delivered Ma's Card to her today. Using another MiC image - Fairy Bauble.  As you can probably tell I love the MiC images, just so much fun to colour, and they almost always provide me with a new challenge in learning to use Copics.

I tried to make it matching the december sketch challenge on the MiC Facebook group, but found out I had printed my image too big.  So still keeping the basic elements I moved the image left, the banner right and came up with the following


Papers are from Maja and Kaisercraft matted with Chocolate and White Shimmer card stocks respectively.  The sentiment is also Kaisercraft.



Copic Colours - 
Bauble - E40, E42, E43, E44, E47 and E49
Hair - E40, E42, E43, E44 and a touch of E47 inside the curls
Wings - E70, E71, E74 and E77
Wings - E70, E71, E74, E77 and E79
Holly - G20, G21, G94 and G99
Berries - R35, R37, R59, R89
Eyes - BG01, B01, B00, B000 and B0000

I would like to enter my final card, Fairy with Bauble into the MiC Facebook Design Team call for January to April 2014.  **fingers crossed**

Thanks for having a look today,  I hope you and you families had a lovely Christmas and I wish you a safe, happy and healthy New Year for 2014.

xx



2 comments:

  1. Love all of these cards. Love Zoe's images and you colour them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...